Sunday 31 January 2010

First skills audit for G321 foundation production

When I was told the group I was in I was pleased as we worked together in the research task so we will have no problem getting on and knowing our roles within the group. Once I was given the information on the preliminary task I instantly had an idea and thought it would be a quick and easy task I could do. Though as I got into the group and we had all the planning to do it started to show that it was not as easy as first thought. I found it difficult to decide initially what idea to have as within the group we came up with many as the task gives instructions but they are so wide. From the initial brainstorm we came to the conclusion of using the idea of a Gangster theme.
Once the idea was finalised we all decided in the group on which roles for who. I decided on taking the role as the director as I thought it would be the best role for me as I came up with the initial idea so had thoughts of what the script could contain and the overall performance. Before writing the script and planning the story board we researched some clips to give us an idea on camera angles and dialect.
After we researched I wrote a simple draft of the script http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdRXjqe2VDnEZGM3MjhnM2tfNGZ4Y21tdGM1&hl=en_GB and then produced a final script in dual column format http://docs.google.co./Doc?docid=0AdRXjqe2VDnEZGM3MjhnM2tfMWNoamY3NmQ5&hl=en_GB. Once the script was complete in the group we all decided on the storyboard lay out working together with the camera angles and positions, sound and the mise-en-scene. [link]. After the story board was completed we decided on the provisional date for the production to be on Thursday 28th January and created a schedule surrounding this using the lessons before and after for completion of the task [link].
On the Monday before the production date we booked the photography room, checking it was available before hand and asking Angela Heron (Photography lecturer) for permission. Once the booking of the room was confirmed as a group we did the risk assessment; http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AdRXjqe2VDnEZGM3MjhnM2tfMGN2cjI3bWZ0&hl=en_GB so we were covered if anything was to go wrong in filming and completed the SWOT analysis.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie .. try to get the links working. It's good that you've included them, but for best effect you should allow the reader to access the sites too. :)

    ReplyDelete